Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Fate

The latest book I am reading entitled "Snow Flower and the Secret Fan," by Lisa See has a line in it that got me thinking. Lily, the main character responds to her friend, "You can't fight your fate. It is predestined." Do you think this is really true? It made me also think of the phrase, "Whatever happens, happens." And, "Whatever happens, happens for a reason." I also thought of the popular scripture in Jeremiah and also one of my very favorites, "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." So does this mean that we should not worry or debate about "things" at all because they have actually already been planned out-whether bad or good choices/ decisions, wrong turns, detours ect.....Or does this mean there is more pressure to make the right choice because we don't want to choose something that is not a part of our predestined plan or fate??? Hmmm. Let me know what you guys think!!??

Pics from latest camping trip to Lake Shelbyville.

1 comment:

Ashli said...

Hey Meg-
I came across this blog in my internet meandering and particularly one of the posts in june reminded me of your style.
Thought you might enjoy some of the images!
http://brabournefarm.blogspot.com/